Coupeville Maritime Heritage Foundation
Maritime Heritage and Sail Tours on Whidbey Island
Even if you do not itemize your taxes, you can deduct up to $300 for charitable contributions in this calendar year! See this Kiplinger article:
Fundraiser to help preserve the Historic Schooner Suva!
In the midst of the holiday season, a membership renewal drive, and (oh yeah!) the craziness of a pandemic, we are writing to ask you to help make a real difference in the health and sustainability of the Coupeville Maritime Heritage Foundation and the schooner Suva.
In the fall of 2019, Suva was hauled out for an inspection and scheduled maintenance. During this inspection, it was found that the horn timber in Suva's stern needs replacing. Though we have a grant that will go a long way to paying for this repair, there is still a sizable gap between what is available and what is needed for the necessary repairs. (More detail on page 2!)
The foundation is launching an urgent funding campaign over the next two months called Anchors Aweigh with the goal of raising $50,000 in donations by the end of January 2021.
Here’s how you can help. If all or our members are able to contribute $50 to $100 each, it will help. But in the current economic climate, we know that it is asking a lot to raise the needed monies solely from our membership. There are other ways to help, however.
– If you know of someone who may like to donate, we have a PDF Slide Show [that we call a Pitch Deck], that will explain our foundation and why we need the money. If you would like someone to go over the slide show with you, please contact email@example.com.
– If they seem interested, point them to our Donations web page to make a contribution. There are four ways to contribute: Directly by Check, by Pay Pal, a Go Fund Me site, and direct online donation.
– Board members and Fundraising Committee members are available to assist when you meet to ask for donations (Available by Zoom or Skype).
– You can also invite your friends to Zoom meetings. Contact us at Admin@schoonersuva.org to arrange a time.
– If you do not feel comfortable making the request yourself, please forward names and contact info for prospects to the committee, who will make the appeal on your behalf. Contact us at Admin@schoonersuva.org to make arrangements.
This truly is an “all-hands-on-deck” moment for our CMHF-Suva community. Please help keep our Foundation afloat and schooner Suva sailing as a living symbol of our Northwest maritime legacy. We need everyone’s help! Thank you for your support of our Anchors Aweigh CMHF-Suva Funding Campaign.
Wylie Vracin, President
Jim Green, Vice President
Jason Magee, Secretary/Treasurer
Mark Saia, Director
Peter Schlagel, Director
For more information on our necessary repairs and our fundraising goals, please visit our More Details page.