The Coupeville Maritime Heritage Foundation was founded to preserve the maritime heritage of Coupeville, Penn Cove and Whidbey Island through education, outreach, and public awareness. The schooner Suva, originally built for Coupeville resident Frank Pratt in 1925, is owned by the CMHF, whose carefully trained volunteer hosts and crew members proudly operate Suva according to Coast Guard regulations. Whidbey Island enjoys a rich maritime history with countless stories dating back to the discovery of the island in the late 1700’s. It is our hope to gather these stories and experiences and share them far and wide, making new ones along the way.
Your membership and donations help CMHF reach our goals of:
- Operating and maintaining schooner Suva
- Upgrading Suva’s major electrical, mechanical and safety systems
- Maintaining Coast Guard Certificate of Inspection (COI) as a Small Passenger Vessel
- Education, community outreach, hands-on training
- Preserving our Maritime Heritage
Find out how to become a: